Celine S/S 2013 Review
Chic and sophisticated. Two words that come to mind when I think of the luxury French brand, Céline. It’s chief designer, Pheobe Philo, has once again triumphed with the new S/S 2013 RTW collection, balancing simplicity and sovereignty through the gentle flows of feminine silk and androgynous masculine structures. In comparison to Céline’s S/S RTW collection back in 2012, where the colour blocking trend was at its height and Autumn colours seemed to be particularly prominent and experimentation with different shapes accentuated the catwalk, Céline’s S/S 2013 collection was at ease with its monochrome and neutral colours and elongating elegant shapes.
I remember the first time I came across Céline, it was my first time in Selfridges. I was overwhelmed and surrounded by designer brands. The ones that I almost instantly became infatuated with were the likes of Prada, Haider Ackermann, Balenciaga , Chanel and of course Céline. I found it impossible to deny the gentle effortlessness Céline exhorts. Every garment on the railing was simple ; no prints, no eccentric detailing, just the feeling of sensibility. Céline has ever since left an impression on me and given me a love of the androgynous structure trend. In my eyes Céline is yet to put a foot wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment